Torrent

Friday, April 13, 2007

Month of June


I hear again...
The old kelvinator humming a tune amidst the laughter of jubilant youngsters.
Gluttural sound of the mother peigeon on the eaves of my room.
A sudden cooker whistle meshed with the tune of a popular daily soap.
I close my eyes and rest my limbs and drown in the lethargy of afternoon of June.

June, the month of prespiration,
The month of ice-creams and luscious mangoes,
Of exciting climbs on trees in the sun,
Of complete abandon, fear and fun.
It carries the burden of holiday homework,
It brings the gangs of cousins together,
It brings old pranks, old street cricket buddies,
It carves many memories for years to remember.

With mercury shooting with each passing day
and the capital waiting for thudershowers.
I pray for my old friend, the month of june,
and long for july to get delay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amandeep said...

:-) brought a smile to my face!! So well expressed Rush...

"It carries the burden of holiday homework,
It brings the gangs of cousins together,
It brings old pranks, old street cricket buddies,
It carves many memories for years to remember."
This part tickled the memories from all the summer vacations spent with cousins whom I now get to see only on family functions or social gatherings...
You've highly inspired me to plan out a get together with all of them!!! Thanks!! :D

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home