Torrent

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Days of Childhood

You have seen me growing old and naughtier.
From the days when life was complete in romping around in lush green fields,
When dusty togs and dirty hair and muddy feet I proudly showed.
When winds moved and water played to the whim of my mischevious spirit.
Or so I thought.

When I rode your archaic scabbed back,
To meet the elusive GOD who lived somewhere
in the ocean of the sky.
To see the harmonious halo of earth around my tiny existence.
A strange joy moved up and down in body with squeaky gyrations of the swing.

Did you know then that I loved you when I knew it not?

When I heard you croon a lullaby as sleep caressed me on your branches.
When I created my first artifacts with your twigs, and flowers and leaves.
When mum made me stand near you on a hot afternoon
as a punishment.
Did you keep a name for me the way I lovingly called you'Robin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home